If you would like more information about the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles, please visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect information about your identity, contact details and interactions with us and our products or services when you (or the organisation for which you work) contact us or use our website, products or services.
We may also collect information about you:
- in the normal course of day to day business (for example, Newsletter Sign Up); and
- from publically available sources (for example, social media or the website of the organisation for which you work).
Disclosure and Security of Personal Information
Personal information may be shared within the FT Morgan Financial Services Pty Ltd. Information security is very important to us and we store any information we hold about you in our own premises and systems or in a trusted third party.
Our security measures to protect information about you include:
- training our staff to handle information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act;
- protecting our information technology systems from unauthorized entry with passwords; and
- protecting our premises from unauthorized entry with alarms and swipe cards.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You have the right to:
- access any information we hold about you; and
- request that any incorrect information about you be corrected.
You can contact us to ask for access to any information we hold about you or the correction of this information by using one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Making a Privacy Complaint
If you are concerned about our handling of your privacy, you have the right to make a complaint. You can do so by contacting us using one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint and provide you with the name and contact details of our investigating employee. We will review your complaint and try to resolve it as soon as possible. If it will take more than two weeks to resolve your complaint, we will keep you regularly updated on our progress.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your complaint, please contact us again to let us know why you are not satisfied so that we can try to better address your concerns. You can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling them at 1300 363 992, online at www.oaic.gov.au or by writing to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.